Monday, October 6, 2008

Abs Diet Smoothie

Abs Diet Ultimate Power Smoothie

1 cup 1% milk

2 Tablespoons low-fat vanilla yogurt

3/4 cup instant oatmeal, microwaved in water

2 teaspoons peanut butter

2 teaspoons chocolate whey powder

6 ice cubes, crushed

Throw everything in the blender, blend well and enjoy. Makes two generous 8-ounce servings. I also throw in some ground flaxseed, it gives it a nice nutty flavor. Here is the nutritional information:

Calories per serving: 220; Protein: 12 g; Carbs: 29 g; Fat: 4 g; Saturated fat: 1.5 g; Sodium: 118 mg;

Fiber 3 g.

This was my saving grace when I was pregnant. I could have this, made with soy milk and it would do the trick for a meal. I couldn't have ANY dairy for the first 6 months of my first pregnancy. It didn't even stay down for 5 minutes. As long as I live, I will never completely recover from having to throw up potato cream soup. Ouch!

I will admit, it does take a little getting used to (the oatmeal, in a smoothie, I mean), but once I got used to it, I started craving them. It is the perfect breakfast...it is quick, you can drink it in the car, you can make it the night before. Love it!

No comments: