Thursday, April 29, 2010

Triple (Minus One) Cinnamon Scones



King Arthur got me again with their emails. I am like a yellow chubby little sitting duck and they just fill my butt with buckshot because I am so slow-moving and easy to hit. This is just getting ridiculous!



This is the recipe in the original form.

Naturally, I could not leave well enough alone. You know, because I never do. Also, my back hurt, and I had PMS and my children were acting like total lunatics and Mr. Smith was working late, so I skipped the cinnamon filling. So sue me. I actually thought the cinnamon filling would push the cinnamon ratio too far over the top, so I decided to leave it out.



I love me some cinnamon, but too much of a good thing is still just too much.

Now, let's talk about scones.

I have never really been a fan of scones. They are arid too dry and not sweet enough for me. Also, I inherited my mother's ability to burn them beyond all recognition and render them inedible. Our oven is insanely hot, so this can happen very, very easily. In the blink of an eye, I have charcoal briquettes on my hands. Very frustrating.



True confession, sort of: I may or may not have eaten three of these for dinner. Look, I was left alone. There was so much going on and well, I was weak.


I would imagine these would be lovely with some orange zest glaze and some mini chocolate chips. Oh brother, here I go again!

2 comments:

momof3under12 said...

did you use 1/2 and 1/2 or evaporated milk? they look so good! Too bad we don't any gingerbread coffee to go with them.

vertigob said...

1/2 and 1/2 and they are amazing.

Every day I mourn the fact that Gingerbread Coffee is seasonal.