Thursday, January 8, 2009

Sick of take out? Part 2

Monday Night

Chicken Spaghetti - Pioneer Woman comes through yet again. This is such an easy recipe to throw together beforehand and heat up when you need a dinner fast. According to her recipe, you can make this up to 6 months in advance and heat it up whenever. I would recommend having one in the freezer, just in case. The beautiful part, the leftovers might even be better than the original dinner. FYI, I used whole wheat spaghetti just to add a little more fiber. Yum!

Tuesday Night

Southwest Pinto Bean Burgers with Chipotle Mayonnaise - We have all fallen victim to the blandness that can be most veggie-type burgers. It makes you long for a big, juicy red meat patty. This veggie burger makes you long for ANOTHER one of these veggie burgers. I know, you don't believe me. I would not have believed me either. After all, I am prone to exaggeration. I swear to you, I am not overstating how yummy these are. Don't skip the Chipotle Mayo, that makes the whole thing. It is so yummy, smoky and zippy, you may want to slurp it up out of the bowl. But, hold it together, you can make more. You could even make more and use it on other sandwich-type items. Or you could dip fries in it. Or you could dip your finger in it and eat it while you are up late at night, surfing the net and no one is watching. Don't be ashamed, we all have our secrets. Just don't get any adobo sauce on you or your clothing. It is the strongest dye I have ever encountered. I am thinking of using a splash to cover my gray hair. It definitely has more staying power than Miss Clairol.

Mustard Roasted Potatoes - Whew, I think I need a shower after thinking about those Veggie Burgers! So spicy and delish. These potatoes are our new favorite side dish. Simple, look fancy...so not fancy. Great leftovers, great with sandwich, much healthier than french fries and how can you go wrong with Dijon Mustard.

How are we doing so far? By the way, Monday night's dinner (Chicken Spaghetti) was reheated and eaten for lunch on Tuesday and Wednesday. It just keeps getting better with each passing day.

Are you as excited as I am to see what's cookin' for dinner tonight?

If you care, or not, here is the link to find out was for dinner last night. Are you out there cooking, internet?

No comments: